Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Blessed New Year to All!

Fellow Sons and Daughters of the Light,

The new year provides us with an opportunity to start over, to start fresh. I had gotten away from posting anything on my blog for several months (August). Whenever I had something that I wanted to say, other responsibilities of the Ministry seemed to take precedence. It is my intention to start up again. It is also still my intention to help spread confessional Lutheranism in the Cleveland area. I do see hope on the horizon for Lutheranism in the Cleveland area. One glimmer of hope is the growth of the Confessional study that meets at Christ on the first Friday of the month from 10 to 12pm. Other pastors in the area are beginning to see the importance of sound doctrine and continual study of the Book of Concord. There is still so much work that needs to be done.

I realize that nothing will be perfect on this side of eternity, but I can dream can't I? I look forward to the day when pastors understand their role as shepherds, not as facilitators. I look forward to the day when "happy clappy" is a thing of the past. I look forward to the day when the Liturgy is not seen as a hindrance to growth but as the way to preserve the faith. I look forward to the day when churches see themselves as baptizing and catechizing communities of faith and not as entertainment centers. I look forward to the day when we stress "vocation" not "ministries."I also want to help write a history of Lutheranism in Cleveland. I have come across a study that was done until 1893. Any help in this area would be appreciated. May God continue to be with our Synod in the future or with whatever God has in mind for Lutheranism in the 21st century.

In Christ's service,

Pastor Jim Haugen

1 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Xrysostom said...

Jim, may I be the first to a) wish you a happy new year and b) encourage you to keep up with your quality writing as much as in you lies.

I'd suggest also that you go to the blogger control panel's settings and find and click the "yes" button for word verification. It'll really cut down on comment spam. If you wish, you can install the added layer of screening all comments before they display.

INI,
Walt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home